Over the years as a professional matchmaker I have come to realize what makes a first date successful. I have compiled a simple and easy list for you to follow and keep in mind when preparing for your next first date.
- Ask your date what they’re passionate about.
- Be an active listener – when appropriate offer your comments to show them that you are truly listening and that you’re interested in what they are talking about.
- Talk about things you are passionate about.
- Never dialogue, conversation should be give and take. Make a mental note to take turns with stories and anecdotes.
- If you’re a man and you’d like a second date, pick up the bill. Part of courting is feeding. If you’re the woman, accept graciously.
- Offer to walk her to her car.
- Ask if you can call her again.
Don’t worry, a professional matchmaker will always offer help and advice and coach you through first date jitters.