HOW DO I KNOW IF HE OR SHE IS THE RIGHT ONE FOR ME?
When I answer the phone at Misty River Introductions, I’m not always wearing my matchmaker hat, a lot of what I do is relationship coaching.
One of the frequently asked questions is, how do I know if they are right for me?
When you go on a date you can usually tell the different between a hard no and someone that could be considered a possibility quite easily. It becomes more difficult, when it is time to figure out if the “possibility” could actually be “the one”.
I always use the analogy of working with someone. You meet a new co-worker that doesn’t make much of an impression. After getting to know them for a couple of months, you find realize that in fact they actually are quite attractive. Without a doubt some people can really grow on you. Wouldn’t it be terrible if you dismissed someone good when they could have eventually become the best husband/wife ever?
Keeping that in mind, there are some things to keep in mind when looking for signs that your relationship has turned the corner.
- Do you look forward to seeing them?
- You talk openly about them when they are not around.
- You want their opinion on certain life decisions.
- You want them to meet your friends and family.
- They are kind.
- They are financially stable.
- They don’t borrow money from you while you are dating.
- You have interests/ activities you enjoy separately and activities/interests you are able to enjoy together.
- You respect and admire the majority of their qualities.
- You are proud of them and feel happy to introduce them to the people you love.